Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kara VS Paula the AI fued


Now I've been watching American Idol for going on 4 season's now. I have 4 Idol winners CD's (Kelly, Carrie,Jordin,David) and even a few alumni that didn't quite make it to the finale. So after 2 full seasons of watching and getting into the groove of the hype, I was skeptical about this "new judge." I had heard some of Kara's original songs and others she had wrote for other artist, and it seemed at least she knew something about the business. When the show permiered that January, like most of the country I was watching this new girl very closely. After a couple of auditions I loved her. She was almost like a balance between Simon and Paula. She was telling the truth yet adding a sweet comment to it. So she became my new favorite. After the May finale came the usual contract rumors. First it was Simon was leaving. Then it was Kara. So no one really knew yet. Just a couple of days ago via twitter Paula released the news she would not be returning for a 9th season. Instantly blames were put onto Kara. I knew the producers would have some minor issues to work out if they kept all 4, but it wasn't Kara's fault. Paula is the one who decided not to come back. Granted Simon and Randy (not Kara) were getting a larger pay check which wasn't fair. American Idol season 6 alumni Melinda Doolitte and Phil Stacey offered their condolences to Paula via their websites. I am very sad to see Paula gone, because her cookyness has been there since day 1, and she really has an eye to see past looks and history to find a true talent. At the same time though I am glad to see Kara back.

No comments:

Post a Comment