Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thank you Carrie Underwood


I don't know why I am writing this, but I have wanted to for a while. I must say that I never started watching American Idol until Season 6. Before that though I had picked up Kelly Clarkson CD's when I was about 9. But when I was 12 I heard a little song by the name of "Jesus Take The Wheel." I googled it and found out Carrie sang it. So our next trip to Wal-Mart I picked up a copy of "Some Hearts." I took it home and listened to the entire record. I was amazed! I'd never really been interested in country music, because I thought it was like full out banjo pickin' and mountain style. I had heard a little Reba and Martina from my mom. For the next week I got up at 5 in the morning to hopefully get a glimpse of a Carrie video. But while I was waiting I really liked most of what I heard. This was also my 1st peek into Sugarland. This was when the were still a trio. I saw "Baby Girl" and I loved it. Since then I have picked up many country records ranging from Martina to LeAnn Rimes. Also after I found out Carrie won something called American Idol, I had to watch. So I found out the air date for Season 6. I was hooked. So without Carrie I might still be on that endless Disney music. I thank her for opening my eyes to new music. So no matter how much I seem to stray from her sometimes, I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment