Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Conversation with Travis McNabb


So Sugarland's drummer was on facebook, by fate, at the same time as me. So I bravely sent him a message, and he was kind enough to respond. So here's how it went down.


Lindsay
Travis?


2:22pmTravis
hello


2:22pmLindsay
Ok. Hey I was wondering if you'd responed to fans or not ?


2:24pmLindsay
You still there?


2:24pmTravis
yes


2:25pmLindsay
Ok sorry. I dind't want to sound like some 12 year old obsessed SL fan, because I'm 14, but anyway. Are ya'll playing a Kenny show tonight?


2:26pmTravis
yes we are


2:26pmLindsay
Ok I saw Thad's and Brandon's twitterand they had some pics of the set up, it looked way different than the regular set up. I saw you guys in Atlanta back in April...So Good


2:27pmTravis
i havent seen the setup yet


2:27pmLindsay
really?


2:27pmTravis
and thanks


2:28pmLindsay
Your Very Welcome. I'm soo excited I'm coming to the recently scheduled September 26th show in Atlanta too


2:29pmTravis is offline.


2:30pmTravis
cool, should be fun


2:31pmLindsay
I hope so :) I don't know if you'd know or not. But are they doing the key contest for that? Because the date isn't on the Fan Club at all


2:31pmTravis
im not sure, sorry


2:32pmLindsay
It's cool. Just checking, while I had someone like you actually responding.


2:33pmLindsay
So have ya'll had any rehearsals for tonight yet?


2:33pmTravis
no, we wont get to cause there r so many bands


2:33pmLindsay
oh yea. I know Gloriana is going to be there. How long is the set, cause he has like 5 openers


2:35pmTravis
i havent seen yet. i would guess an hour or 75 min


2:36pmLindsay
Wow! That's a long set time. So ya'll just chillin then


2:37pmTravis
yes


2:38pmLindsay
Fun! I hope I'm totally not freaking you out right now


2:39pmTravis
no problem


2:40pmLindsay
lolz:) just checkin.I have a random question. I noticed your bass drum (i think that's what it is) the image changes a lot during the show on it. Why?


2:42pmTravis
we are using different icons on this tour: key, feather, umbrella and the heart with wings, so its a way to have all of those images appear on the drum through the show
just using those on posters, our clothing etc


2:42pmLindsay
Ok I totally get most of the symbols, but why a feather


2:43pmTravis
this was all K&J
im not sure


2:44pmLindsay
Nice. I thought it might be. Because Jenn's thing she did for US weekly said she has an obsession for feathers. hmmm


2:45pmTravis
ok, im gonna run


2:45pmLindsay
ok coolness. Thanks for talking


2:45pmTravis
sure. take care


2:45pmLindsay
You too

No comments:

Post a Comment